Since Acer’s intentions to release the Iconia Tab A700 were made clear at CES in January, the Ice Cream Sandwich based Android tablet has been one of the most highly anticipated tablets of 2012. The big brother of the A510 will sport a 1.3GHz quad-core processor and an impressive high definition 1900 x 1200 display, which Acer will see as its main selling point.
The Acer Iconia Tab A700 Specs Unveiled
Acer are really pushing the tablet market to the next level with their 10.1 inch multi-touch screen. The Tab A700′s LCD screen will have a resolution of 1900×1200, which is higher than the vast majority of HD TVs.
The rear 5 mega-pixel camera will be capable of capturing images at resolution of 2592 x 1944, and videos at 720p. Some of its features include Auto-focus, LED Flash, and Geo tagging. It also has a front-facing camera.
The Acer Iconia Tab A700 uses a Lithium Ion battery (9800 mAh) providing up to 10 hours talk time.
Memory & Connectivity
- WiFi with support for 802.11 b,g and n standards
- Bluetooth v3.0 with support for A2DP and EDR
- USB with support for both microUSB v2.0 and standard USB v2.0
- Internal storage of 16GB, 32GB, or 64GB, depending on which model you buy
- 1GB of DDR2 RAM (Random Access Memory)
- MicroSD expandable memory supporting cards up to 32GB
- HDMI port
Mobile Data Network
- 2G Network (GPRS and GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900)
- 3G Network (HSUPA and HSDPA 900 / 2100)
Other Features And Specs
- Android Ice Cream Sandwich v4.0
- Stereo speakers and a 3.5mm stereo jack output with Dolby Digital Plus
- Nvidia Tegra 3 Chipset
- 1.3Ghz Quad-core CPU
- Accelerometer, gyro, proximity and compass sensors
- Email, Push Email and IM messaging
- A-GPS support
- HTML browser with support for Adobe Flash and Java
- SNS integration
- Dedicated microphone with active noise cancellation
- Media player with support for MP3, WAV, WMA, eAAC+, XviD, MP4, H.264, and H.263
- Built-in apps such as Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk, and Picasa
- Organizer, document viewer, and predictive text
Release Date And Price
An official release date has yet to be announced by Acer, although it would be very fair to assume that we’ll see it sometime in June this year.
The expected price is thought to be around €539 or $709 for the 16 GB model. The 64 GB model is expected to be priced at around €739 or $949. The official price is yet to be confirmed by Acer.
Design & Conclusion
If you can disregard the non-premium feel of the materials it is made from, the Acer Iconia Tab A700 is a pretty good offering. It performs exceptionally well and the display is second to none. Here are a couple of other pictures for you to look at.