Celluon’s Magic Cube is undoubtedly amongst some of the coolest gadgets we’ve written about to date.
With the flick of a switch, the innovative little cube projects a full-size QWERTY laser keyboard – or a mouse if you choose to use it with laptop or desktop PC - onto just about any surface you can think of.
Yes, it does look incredible, but how well does it actually work? Surprisingly rather well. The laser projection keyboard is capable of detecting as much as 400 characters per minute – or 80 words per minute (assuming an average of 5 letters per word) – which is really quite impressive when you consider that the requirement for an entry-level typist job is usually around 40-45 words.
In fairness though, the Magic Cube probably isn’t something you would use at the office in place of a physical keyboard; it’s a bit better suited to a mobile device such as a tablet, laptop, or smartphone.
- The laser Projects a full-size QWERTY keyboard onto almost any surface
- Compatible with most modern mobile devices
- Doubles as a multi-touch mouse
- Lightweight and durable
- Rechargeable via USB
- Compatibility: iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows, Mac OS
- Interface: Bluetooth / USB
- Detection: 400 characters per second
- Batery: 700mHa (Rechargacble)
- Keyboard: 241 x 106mm
- Item Size: 90 x 34 x 24 (mm)
- 1x Magic Cube with built-in Lithium-Ion battery
- USB Cable
- User manual & warranty
Laser Projection Keyboard In Action
Laser Projection Keyboard Promo
Tags: Cool Stuff, Gadgets