Twitter’s ability to put people in direct contact makes it an incredibly useful tool, but it’s not just about simple status updates, retweets and replies. Here is a list of my top 10 Twitter tips and tricks. I’m sure they will make your Twitter experience easier and more enjoyable!
5 Great third-party tools
Qwitter is a great free service that sends you an e-mail whenever someone unfollows you, it lets you know of a possible post you made that could have caused them to unfollow you, and it helps you identify Twitter spammers and spam bots.
It’s simple, if you want to post pictures in your tweets, TwitPic is the way forward. You can also have it send tweets while your away from your PC.
Twitter grader is cool little tool that grades your twitter account and compares it against the millions of other profiles that have been graded. It’s free and you don’t have to register.
Are you after some more twitter followers but don’t want to wait? Then a Twiends could be for you. Twiends is follow-exchange site where you gain followers by following people. It’s really quick and easy to use, and you can sign in with your existing Twitter account.
For loads more apps, check out the Twitter Fan Wiki, they’ve got hundreds of cool apps and t ools am sure you’ll like.
Twitter Tips And Tricks
- Retweet posts you find interesting, not just your own.
- Understand that it’s absolutely impossible for everyone to read every tweet, which is why it is important to have a high number of followers.
- Don’t follow too many people, no one wants to follow someone who’s follow thousands of people but on has 5 followers. With that said, one way of gaining followers is by following people with the same interests as you. If they don’t follow you back, drop them.
- Retweet and engage in conversation with users who have lots of followers.
- All you tweets should be interesting, useful, or funny. Nobody wants to read things like “just washed my car”.
- Add hashtags. Here’s an example – say your tweet is about technology, you would write #technology at the end of your tweet.
- Try to tweet at the times people are most likely to read them. This will depend on what country you target audience is in.
Backup Your Tweets
Backing up your tweets is a sensible precaution to take in case anything goes wrong. Tweet Backup is an online service that lets you back up your tweets on a daily basis. You can register very quickly via OAuth using your Twitter account.
If you liked these Twitter tips and tricks, you might also be interested in How To Get More Twitter Followers.